Welcome to my page of rants. Like most people, I feel better if I get to show others what my brain is chewing on. Since accosting random strangers in the street is not socially acceptable, I'll "shout into the vacuum" with this page. It's sort of a BLOG, except I don't plan to get really personal.
Subscribe to my RSS newsfeed
This page is part of Brian M. Porter's website, The Storyboard of the Disgruntled
follow me on Twitter
Last three rants
Apr 1st, 2011 - Helping helps who?
- No foolin' ... helping is often about the helper, not the helpee ...
Jan 24th, 2010 - And the new CD is rolled out
- Just one thing, though ... who the f%@& is Floyd???
Dec 18th, 2010 - For $10 will you be my friend? How about $20? $50?
- A five year old prediction comes true. I ruminate on friendships and the fact that they really are worth something to me.
Click to read about
ADS THAT PISS ME OFF
Updated September 22nd, 2010
The rest of my 2010 rants
Nov 29th, 2010 - We never tire of 911 speculation
- Well, to quote REM, 'There's something going on that's not quite right.'
Nov 4th, 2010 - Clearing houses for mediocrity
- We were all told something like, 'Nothing you learn is a wasted effort,' and for so long we've accepted that rather murky truism at face value that we've forgotten that, sometimes, a waste of time is just a waste of time, no matter how one spins it.
Oct 21st, 2010 - Lindsay Lohan is a public service
- Her life may be coming apart at the seams, but we can use her miserable train wreck of a life to divert our attention away from the financial disaster of the 21st century.
Sep 29th, 2010 - From the dead letter department
- Normally I leave the 419-ers alone ... but this time I just couldn't resist.
Sep 22nd, 2010 - Oilsands
- Neither apologist nor environmentalist. It's a pointed little fence to sit on, but who knows where the truth really lies?
Aug 23rd, 2010 - Abuse of power
- Nothing, and I mean Absolutely Nothing, infuriates me more than the abuse of power. So my dander was raised after, in rapid succession last week, I saw three stories of overzealous police and/or peace officers using excessive violence.
Aug 12th, 2010 - They almost had me there for a while
- What I'd like to see is a definitive report stating everything known or *honestly* theorized about global warming in one concise paper, with none of the obvious fudging, cooking, and just plain dishonesty we are seeing from both sides. Is that too much to ask for?
July 16th, 2010 - Happy?
- You know the folks I'm talking about ... the unhappy ones who nevertheless 'know' just what you need in your life. These are the people who think 'you should' are two words that form a perfect union as long as they are coming from their mouths.
June 21st, 2010 - Near-death experiences
- Life after death is an unknown, of course; however, what to make of those eerily consistent reports relayed by people who are returned to life after clinically dying?
June 7th, 2010 - Don't be normal, fall flat on your face
- Raising children is not as much about the children as I thought it would be: It's just as much about learning about myself ... and in a way that gives me a second chance at the things I missed the first time around.
May 31st, 2010 - Coming together
- The final push to the end of the sessions for the new CD, and the electric magic that resulted in one of the latest songs.
May 5th, 2010 - A trivial observation
- What brave new future awaits us when there is no such thing as 'minority population'?
Apr 28th, 2010 - A minor consumer complaint
- Really, if these are the biggest problems we ever face, then I guess we're doing all right ...
Apr 26rd, 2010 - Ads that piss me off
- I can hear the reply already: If it bugs you so much, just turn it off, right?
Apr 14th, 2010 - Show-stopping arguers
- A friend, in her blog, painted the picture of those folks who just seem to like to argue for no reason at all ... and then I experienced one of those unpleasant people myself. Now I'm left wondering how they got that way.
Apr 1st, 2010 - Wise or otherwise?
- The fact we are the most dangerous and destructive (not to mention populous) of big non-insect creatures is proof we aren't that smart.
Mar 23rd, 2010 - Unhealthy, Un-American
- Holy crapoli ... universal health care comes to the United States!
Mar 16th, 2010 - The wealth of rations
- Prison camp free markets, Marxist theory, and the reality of how and why wealth is really redistributed to the less capable.
Mar 10th, 2010 - Game changing
- Mostly through trial-and-error, but also through flashes of insight and some planning, the Infrastructure Generation created the infrastructure of application development--engineering, testing, documentation practices, as well as the communication protocols and processes of the Internet 1.0 that made Web 2.0 possible.
Mar 9th, 2010 - Ouch ouch goddammit ouch
- The sordid tale of my less-than-stellar athleticism.
Feb 25th, 2010 - The natural enemy of the down-homers
- Let me tell you, the chicks really dig the poly-syllabic guys. Forget the cars, muscles, wads of cash, or fashion sense. A few six-syllable words and some well-used punctuation, and you have to fight them off with a cudgel.
Feb 17th, 2010 - The Olympic celebration
- A lot of fun was had just walking around downtown and soaking up the exciting spirit of the moment.
Feb 9th, 2010 - Songwriting from destruction
- Destruction or deconstruction ... or cannibalism perhaps? I'm not really sure.
Feb 1st, 2010 - The GYZ are at it again
- A status report on the successor to the GYZ:DIS CD.
Jan 25th, 2010 - More thoughts of afterlife
- I still maintain the notion of afterlife is just so we can feel better about not living life in the moment.
Jan 14th, 2010 - Totalitarianism as self-preservation
- It's mere speculation, but maybe the Chinese government's policy of totalitarianism really is the right thing ... for them ... for now ...
Jan 4th, 2010 - Naked blue 9-foot-tall love under the Ancestor Trees
- A review of the ground-breaking movie Avatar.
This is probably not a good idea: Email me.
Or check out my Guestbook.
To find your way around this site, click on the links to the left. If you can't see those links, click here to reload the page with frames.